Not Surviving – But Thriving in the New Workplace
It’s both a blessing and a curse: “May you live in interesting times.”
The COVID-19 crisis has forced us all to rethink how we connect with our teams and continue to serve our clients.
Professional Services Leaders are quickly having to pivot as they wrestle with:
- getting their teams prepared to work virtually
- keeping their teams connected, engaged, and productive
- and of course, serving the client’s needs…
…in this “interesting time”.
Today’s virtual team environment arose out of a necessity to make the best of the circumstances we now face. But these virtual teams must be led skillfully or the problems you face now will only multiply if left unchecked.
How can you take these new circumstances, and turn it into a competitive advantage?
Since 1997, I’ve worked virtually and have had a front seat as the virtual workplace has evolved. I understand the unique challenges that professional services leaders face when working with a dispersed team.
As a leadership coach and human resources professional, I’ve navigated team issues through 9/11, SARS, and other workplace crises. I know the importance of adapting quickly while staying grounded in timeless business and leadership principles.
Right NOW is the time for “servant leadership”. That means offering extreme support to your team and every person and client that your team serves.
To help you in your time of need, I’m hosting a series of group coaching calls every Monday and Wednesday between March 25 and April 29 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am MDT.
These calls will help you meet the challenges you face in leading a virtual team. This service is free to YOU, the professional services leader.
Here’s what you can expect to learn on these calls:
- EXTREME TEAM CARE: How to stay connected with your team’s needs, fears and desires and bring them together to work like never before.
- EXTREME CLIENT CARE: How to help your team step up and serve your clients even though its not business as usual.
- EXTREME SELF CARE: How to balance the whole act so that every team member (plus YOU) get what they need … and NOT at the expense of health, family, or compensation.
Here’s how you’ll benefit:
- You’ll get input on your challenges and create sound strategies to move forward, not just “cope” with the present challenges.
- You’ll gain valuable insight on unique ways other professional services leaders are pivoting to serve their clients and their teams.
- You won’t be going it alone. You’ll have a sounding board and like-minded leaders supporting your growth.
Here’s how to tap in:
Register for one or all of these group coaching calls to discuss your unique situation and get clarity on how to move forward in a world that seems so uncertain now.
It takes real action, clear thinking… but not “over” thinking to take this changing landscape and turn it into a competitive advantage.
Act now to broaden your thinking on how to lead in the virtual workplace and overcome the challenges that COVID-19 pose to your team, your clients, and you.
We are in this together. It’s time to lean-in and ask for the help you need. I’m here to serve.
Space is limited.
Lisa Holden Rovers, MSc, CPHR, PCC, is a certified leadership coach and award-winning human resources professional. In 2005, she founded Workplace Matters to help professional services leaders build strong team cultures. REGISTER for her complimentary VIRTUAL LEADERSHIP SOS group coaching calls to help your team thrive in the new “social distancing” workplace.